INSTICC is the Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication, a scientific, non-profit, association whose main goals are to serve the international scientific community by promoting, developing and disseminating knowledge in the areas of information systems and technologies, control and communications.
To achieve these goals, INSTICC is committed to integrate and support many activities relevant for the international scientific community, including:
- Promotion of the mobility of renowned researchers, usually involved as keynote speakers at INSTICC events, so that they can share their knowledge with conference delegates;
- Providing grants to support the presence of many young researchers from all over the world, especially from regions facing economic difficulties, who wish to attend INSTICC conferences;
- Publication of proceedings, books and journals - some of them in cooperation with distinguished international publishers - widely indexed and made available at appropriate digital libraries;
- Sponsorship of research projects, proposed by universities and R&D institutes, related to INSTICC main interest areas;
- Collaboration with international associations, who may technically co-sponsor INSTICC events, as well as with companies involved in R&D or supporting of the international academic community.
Over the years, these initiatives have brought together a large and very diversified international community spread over more than 158 countries, including more than 750 high profile keynote speakers, over 21200 specialized reviewers and about 58100 authors.